Privacy & Cookies Policy (the “Policy”)
These privacy policies and Newsletter are subject to any amendment or change suggested by E&Y
What this Policy is for?
This Policy explains how we protect and handle any information you provide to us, including via our websites, mobile apps, communications by email and through social media, by telephone and in person. It also covers any information we receive from third \parties. It also provides you with an overview of the rights you can exercise regarding what we do with your information.
By using our products and services, including browsing our websites, registering or logging in, we may use your information as outlined in this Policy.
Who we are
Aajtaklives is an Indian multichannel media company which is home to some of the India most popular brands, including the aajtaklives.com website.
1. What kinds of information do we collect:
• Information you’ve provided to us:
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, including when you create an online account, subscribe to one of our titles, respond to one of our promotions, order or register your interest in one of our products, or post a comment under an article. This could be via your computer browser, via an app, by telephone, or by post.
• Information from your device:
We collect information from and about the device you are using when you interact with one of our websites, apps or other products/services, including adverts. This may include:
(i) Device Type: Information about your operating system, hardware, software, browser type in order to tailor the experience to your device (e.g. screen resolution).
(ii) Device Operations: Information about your operations and behaviors performed on your device to tailor the experience based on how you or similar users have interacted with our content.
(iii) Unique identifiers: device IDs in order to save your preferences against an identifier to refer to on subsequent pages.
(iv) Device Settings: Information from your device’s setting such as access to your GPS location/Information related to the location of your device so that we know which version of the website to serve you;
(v) Network/connections: Your IP address, so that we can recognize if you have visited us before and allow your device to communicate with our websites and apps.
• Information about transactions made If you purchase anything or make any other financial transactions on any of our websites/apps, we collect information about your purchase and ask for information including your name, e-mail address and delivery address to be forwarded on to the vendors who are responsible for delivering your order. This does not include payment information such as your credit/debit card number.
• Information from partners Where you have registered or created an account with one of our websites, we may obtain information about you from other companies who have obtained your permission (through their own privacy policies) to share information about you. For more information about this, please see “Personalization/Identifying Your Interests” in Section 2 below.
• Social media: If you log-in to our websites through a social media site, such as Facebook, you are granting permission to Facebook to share your user information with us. This will include your name, email address, date of birth, location, plus any other information you have permitted Facebook to share with third parties. If you remove the app from your Facebook account, we will no longer have access to this information.
• Information about other people By supplying us with information about someone else, you confirm that they have authorized you to provide us with their information (including sensitive personal data) on their behalf.
Before you use “email a friend” or “share this article” buttons please make sure that anyone you wish to email or share with are happy for this to occur and expect to receive the email or article. You may only share the details of another person with us where you have their express permission.
2. How we may use your information
• Delivering services
By using our websites, apps and other products and services, we may process your information for the purpose of providing you with such products and services and managing our relationship with you, which shall include (without limitation):
– communicating with you in relation to your account or service, service updates or other non-marketing communications;
– contacting you where a checkout journey is not completed if you have provided your information;
– delivering customer services and support;
– dealing with, and responding to you about a comment you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities;
– ensuring the integrity of votes, competitions and polls;
– maintaining records of our communications with you if you get in contact with us;
– obtaining customer reviews and conducting market research.
Legal basis for these processing activities: Legitimate Interests
– running competitions effectively and informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions;
Legal basis for this processing activity: Contract
• Communicating with you
In accordance with your preferences and data protection legislation, we may use your information to send you direct marketing communications. This may include communications by post, telephone, email or SMS about our products and services, events and special offers. We may also send you periodic newsletters about your chosen services, inform you of promotional offers that you might find interesting, and inform you about the any changes to our products and services where we have permission to do so.
Legal basis for processing this data: Consent/Legitimate Interests
• Personalization/Identifying your interests